Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Super Special Mom number 1

I had a very interesting morning. This is in two parts.

Part 1 - the Dream:

There's this woman at work who i'm attracted too, and yet has traits that scare the hell out of me, but not enough so to diminish the attraction. She's seeing someone, and she's younger than I am, but still within my acceptable range, although it is the low end.

She's nice enough, and we get along well enough at work, but she ended up in my dreams just before I woke up this morning. In the dream she remembered something I had mentioned a while back and asked me about it, and told me to tell her about it - it was something about a book, I think. We were near this flat area and decided we would lay down upon it together. She lay down close to me and her hair was in my face (she has great hair), her body right up against mine. I found my hand wrapping around hers. That's when I woke up. I tell you, it was very sweet, it felt very sensual. It was one of those dreams that felt real. Very real. It was comforting. Perhaps my subconscious is trying to tell me something. This is actually the second dream I've had of her this past week, and in the first one we hugged - a really nice hug, too. Perhaps I need to take this as a synchronatic event - which I will talk about in another post.

Part 2 - the Awakining.

What woke me from this dream was a neighbouring family walking past my apartment on their way to work/school. You'd think i'd be pissed about being woken up early, especially from such a nice dream? No, actually, I'm so very glad that I was awoken to hear what I heard. It was a gift.

The family is, best I can tell, a single mom with her two young daughters. Our apartment complex is stupid. It's designed like a 'c', or a 'u' depending on your perspective. I think you get the idea. There's a quad in the center. On my side the bedrooms are placed facing the quad, and this is the end from which you enter your apartment - basically people walk right past my bedroom window. I've heard many interesting things since I moved in, but this mornings was the absolute best!

The two daughters are, maybe 4/5 and 6/7 ish, so they're very young. Most times i've seen or heard them, they are pretty whinney, but I don't know what their situation is other than it looks like there is no dad in the picture, and mom is doing her best.

So this morning they are walking past my window when mom remembers that she forgot something back in the apartment. She tells her daughters to wait for her there and she'll be right back. That's no problem, her apartment wasn't far away so it shouldnt' take her too long to get what she needed, and the quad is a relatively safe, open space. The daughters are standing outside my window when suddenly 'Cece', the younger daughter, gets bored and decided to keep walking, because the older daughter is getting freaked out and screaming at Cece to come back and to stop scaring her. This is directly outside my bedroom window, remember.

Older daughter is in tears by the time mom comes back. I bet you've seen how some parents react when comming upon a similar situation. Not this mom - she was the best!

Mom walks up, "What's wrong?" she asks her oldest daughter. "You need to keep it down, you're right outside of somebodies bedroom. What if they're trying to sleep in there?" Mom's voice is solid, firm, with a slight edge of exasperation to it, but still quiet for the situation.

Oldest daughter couldn't be consoled, "Cece's trying to scare me....waaaaa..."

"Well, we need to keep it down, we're right outside of people's bedrooms. Let's go get Cece." Her voice still quiet, patient, and yet firm. From this quick interaction that I witnessed I can gather a few pieces of information on this woman:

1. She has the patience of a saint - at least in public.
2. She loves her daughters very much.
3. She's an extremely strong woman.

How much stress must this woman have in her life? How difficult is it to be a single mom to two daughters that age? And I don't mean offense when I say that the daughters do appear to have some issues. Again, I dont' know what the family situation, I don't know why there isnt' a dad, but I am so impressed by mom that I think I'm crushing on her a little bit, and I've only ever seen her from behind.

The next time I run into mom outside, i'm going to tell her that I think she's a great mom. Everyone can use a little pat on the back once in a while.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?