Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Hell's Half-Acres


I have actually been to 'Hell's Half-Acres'. It is located in Kirkwall, Orkney Island, Scotland. The Orkneys are islands off the north coast of Scotland. They claim a Viking heratige, more so than Celtic, and it's an amazing place to visit. Amazing archaeological sites, including Skara Brae and Maeshowe.

There are so many more sites worty of mentioning and visiting, but I won't do so here. I plan on making it back at some point. I recommend it very highly.

So, yes, I've been to Hell's Half-Acres, and quite honestly I was expecting a little more. It's pretty much a small industrial park, nothing truely interesting, but I had to see it. I had to go, because now I can say that i've been there - I have been to Hell's Half-Acres, I survived, and I have returned to tell the tale. Perhaps the fact that it is an industrial park tells us something - it gives us a slight glimpse into the psyche of the devil, after all.

I wish I had been a little Bairn in Scotland. I wish that I had been granted that opportunity. If I could have chosen any other country to have been born in, it would have been the Highlands of Scotland. The Highlands run through my blood.

God, I want to go back.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?