Monday, March 20, 2006

 

Doctors?? We don't need no stink'n doctors...

Hey, seriously thanks for the concern, I truely do appreciate it, but...

HA!!

I have yet to go to see a doctor about my knee and it's feeling much better. It's still a little stiff, and I can feel the weakness in it compared to my other knee, but the pain is gone. It's only a matter of time until full recovery - I hope.

*C.F raises arms over his head, pumps them a few times in a display of manly victory over those with medical training and bellows, "In your face, Medical Professionals".

And, yes, I probably will regret what I just wrote. One day Fate will kick my ass, once again.

My Best Friend and Me

So, I received a call from my best bud last night. Lets call him Peter - and no that isn't a euphamism. He is pretty much my brother and our talk may have clarified my thoughts on what direction my future will take. We hadn't talked for almost a year, well before the Ex and I split.

I can read your mind. You have focused on the words 'hadn't talked for almost a year', and have tried to figure out how I can say 'best bud' with a straight face - especially since I hadn't talked to him about my divorce or even called him about it. We went to elementary school together, he was a grade below mine, but when we were in grades 6/7 we ended up in a split class together. We went to the same high-school together. We hung out with mostly the same crowd, we were sort of part of a 'gang', not really a gang but we caused some shit, and did some things that I'm really not that proud of any more, but at the same time things I needed to do. Nothing too bad, really, most really bad people would consider it petty, but we thought we were pretty bad-ass.

As an interesting sidenote, they had to split up my 7th grade class because it was so full of really fucked-up kids that we were too much of a problem for any one teacher. I'm not joking. I did not grow up in the greatest of neighbourhoods - when walking to high-school at 7 in the morning, I had the privledge of being propositioned by prostitues (who the fuck wants a hooker at 7am?), and being informed that crack was my route to salvation (who the fuck wants crack at...never mind).

Anyway, where was I...yes, 'best bud'. You see, we dont' talk for months at a time, we dont' see each other for years, but when we are together, when we do talk, there are no barriers between us. Our interests developed together and so we appreciate most of the same things.

His family was/is pretty much my surrogate family. I have immense respect for his mom and dad, and they pretty much adopted me and I spent so much time at their house that Peter's mom calls me her 'second son'.

I frick'n love these people.

He and his wife just separated at about the same time that me and my wife did. Coincidence? Synchronicity?

Peter and his soon to be ex have two kids, but he's a pretty responsible father, and he's doing the right thing. I honestly am glad that they split, I was never really that fussy about his ex, and I could always tell that they weren't exactly comfortable together, and Peter changed, as we all do, during his relationhip of 12 years. Perhaps this is one reason we didn't talk as much as we should have?

He mentions that he's rented a 4-bedroom house, so he has room for his kids. I say, 'hey, you want a roommate?'

He says, 'Absolutely!!' and proceeds to work on convincing me to move to Sarnia, Ontario (near Detroit). Sarnia, if you don't know (haha), is a pissy little industrial town, so it's not exactly a draw for me. But the thought of Peter and I becomming roommates, now that we are both bachelors again, has immense draw and potential. My fear is that I would revert back to my adolescent years. Now that's a scary thought.

We talked until past midnight, and I was so wound up that I wasn't able to get to sleep until past 2am.

I haven't commited to anything yet, but I'm really not sure how I can NOT take up this offer.
Returning to Ontario is definatly high on my list, and this open door may be just the draw I need to entice me back.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?