Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

A Slow Fall to Crapdom...

So, the day started out fine, woke up nice and early, accomplished some stuff, headed out to play some hockey at the only-rink-that-exists in town (sorry but this is really confusing to me, that a city this size would only have a single rink...still boggles the mind...)

Hockey was good, perhaps even great. It was the first time I've played in a game on ice for, oh, probably about 3-years or so. My skills were terribly rusty and my timming was crap, but for my first time in so long I was actually very happy.

Showered, bought some lunch, went to work and was in a very good mood.....

Slowly, ever so subtly, things began to change.

I still dont' understand why people act the way that people do, or why people suddenly seem to change their attitude towards you when you can't figure out what the fuck it is you've done wrong....

Sorry, just a little rant.

I was in a great mood to start my shift, but then my back began to hurt (damn, I'm gettin old), people who I thought were friends started to treat me with less than spectacular attitude and I met the customer who has the ability to suck my soul straight out of my living body.

It's true, she actually sucked my frick'n soul out of my still warm body and I wasn't able to recover for the rest of the day. Oh, My, God, just the fucking banality of it, her stupid questions. Her trying to ask me about things and she would just provide me with vague descriptions and expect me to know what the fuck she was talking about!! She was a fucking, fucking idiot and wasted about a half-hour of my life!!! And it was while having to help her with the least favorite aspect of my job in an area that I avoid at all costs. I finally snapped, I mean litterly, I just couldn't take it - my back was hurting like hell, and she was a big, fucking, stupid idiot. I actually resorted to mocking her behind her back...I do feel bad about that in retrospect, but damn, I just didn't have any other outlet for all the pent-up frustration that was brewing in the space left vacant by the part of my soul that she sucked out.

Sorry, big rant.

During my break I went to Trader Joes and bought a cheap bottle of Merlot and am now drinking my soul back into my body.

Tommorow, have to apply to a job in Waterloo, Ontario. Dont' know how much it pays, but it's a supervisorial job at a children's museum being responsible for programming. Pictures on the museums site look good. Waterloo is a good town, west of Toronto (think 2 hours), and has the biggest, or one of the biggest, Octoberfest celebrations outside of Germany. How can you not like that!

Comments:
First, I sympathize with the lack of rinks. I saw my first Hockey game this year. I'm a mother of a ten year old boy - have watched every kind of kid sport imaginable. Hockey is the first that I can get into. I'm glad he can't hear me yell when he's on the ice! I get just a tad aggressive! I'm from Wisconsin, there are rinks everywhere!

Secondly, this dating thing...just do it. Don't make such a big deal out of it. The majority of people that have been at it a while seem to be cynical anyway, and do you really want to be like that? I've learned a few things from my run with Mr. Boyfriend but found the show "Sex and the City" to be most enlightening. I'm being both funny and serious if you know what I mean. Very educational. I used to hate it, but with the recent foray into being single, I've learned to relate.

I can also relate to your suggestion of just up and quitting your job. I did that. I have fallen into something which pays slightly better, but which is incredibly stupid. But you may have read about that so I won't elaborate...you seem to like to be "safe" and so I guess I'd keep looking and not quit...

I'll shut up now and stop rambling.

Totallybrunette
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?