Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 
It snowed today, only for a short while, and nothing stuck. Still, it was beautiful. I haven't seen any snow for about two years, so this was a nice surprise. I tried postive thinking, attempting to mentally force the snow volume to increase and for the temperature to drop, but apparently my powers are not all that acute.


It was great to watch while it lasted.

April 18th

Apparently I've decided to stay in Eugene until at least April 18th. OK, so I lie, but I had to do something. Coincedences are strange.

Recently I've been listening to a lot of Dinosaur Jr., a band I've been into for a long time now; they themselves have been around since the 80's and are credited as the driving force behind the independant scene in those days, influencing such seminal bands as the Pixies and Nirvana. Over the years I've listened to them regularly, but for the past month or so I've been putting their disc's on almost daily.

I've also recently been mentally compiling a list of bands whom I wished I'd had a chance to see while they were still together, and would go to Hell's Acres itself to see them play if they ever reform. Dinosaur Jr. was on that list.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

I'm reading through the Ticket, our local papers entertainment insert that comes with Friday's paper. Somehow, without my knowing it, Dinosaur JR. has been touring extensively since 2005. Bah.

I'm a pretty big music fan, but just not quite (and by not quite I mean I'm somewhere in the same State, but several counties removed from all the big-time music geeks) to that level where I know everything about every band and read music magazines and scour the internet for info, but I'm still always upset when things like this are happening and nobody tells me. Damn it!!

Anyway, bought tickets that night, and am now excitedly waiting - I'm not peeing myself or anything, but I am pretty excited - for my opportunity to see this band. Which probably means that I'll be offered a job elsewhere and have to move before April. That would be fine by me, though, because theoretically I'll be making a lot more money than I am now, and can travel to see the band elsewhere....Think Postive!!
Cleveland

Sent out an application last night to a museum in Cleveland. I know, pretty random, but now I'm all wacked out about Cleveland and in my mind it's the greatest city since sliced bread, or perhaps Rome. Seriously!! who wouldn't want to move to Cleveland?

I mean look at what they have there....um...the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...right? And...what else...uhhhhh...the Indians, a major league baseball team. Then there's...the Lake. Sweet!! And the Drew Carey Show was set in Cleveland...and that show was hella funny! Can the city be any different? I think not.

Anyway, from the job description I read it's very similar to stuff I've done before, it's a supervisory position, and although they didn't give a pay scale - in fact I had to send in my salary requirements, bah - it's a pretty large museum so I'm thinking the pay will be alirght. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't already have an inside person in mind for the job...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?