Saturday, February 04, 2006

 
I'm beginning to be quite the bar fly..hahaha. No, seriously, I've decided that since life sucks, I might as well drink lots of beer.

Anyway, I went to buy a cat toy, because I broke one of my cat's favorite toys the other day and I promised him that I would replace it, and ended up at work, and worked for a few hours. I was OK with that, and decided that I would go to some pub and have dinner and a few beers afterward. This time I went to Sam Bond's Garage, which is a converted mechanics place, therefor the name, that is now a bar/sorta food place/music venue. I"ve been there a couple times in the past to see certain bands, but this was the first time I went with food in mind. I was a little early, and so they were just serving appetizers; food isn't a real priority, apparently. But, it was happy hour, so I ended up drinking three pints. I also met some dude from Tibet and some lady from England and her husband whose from Oregon. I had a very good time talking with them, and they seemed like regulars, so I'm seriously thinking I'll go back and hopefully run into them again...god I'm lonely.

The Girl

Ok, so while I write this my cat is thoroughly enjoying his new/old toy that I just purchased him. He actually plays fetch, so I get to throw it, many, many times, and he runs it down and brings it back for me to throw again. Good times!!

So, I had an opportunity to ask the Girl out this past week, but, damn it, I didn't. No, no, I won't consider it chickening out, I don't think that I did, but I went into the situation with the intention of doing so, and I felt good and positive and I really was going to do it, but then when interacting with her (I wasn't going to do it right away, I was going to wait til the right time, of course), but then all the signals I was receiving just weren't right. A little voice in the back of my head kept screaming 'Abort, Abort, Abort....' She really wasn't that responsive, and I'm not really sure why....

Alright, so in my typical, fuck'd up conspiracy theory way, I figured that she must have somehow found out about my blog and read it and decided that I was creepy or something...no, seriously, this thought actually ran though my mind. But, come on, that seriously can't have happened. This is Zero Readership, afterall, but I still had that fear run through my mind; I coudnt' figure out why she was acting so differently than she has been in the past. Anyway, the signal I was receiving was a definate "no go...". I've since, in my imagination, built fantastical reasons why and changed some of the interactions we had into something more positive, therefor not fully negating the possibility of a relationship and am still holding out some hope.

I have to admit, thought, that this set back has actually enamoured her more in my mind than perviously, while at the same time taking off the blinders...win/win, as they say.

P.S. I've also finished my resume and wrote a cover letter for a job I've found in, gasp, Eugene. I may post my resume on here tommorow, just for shits and giggles....

Comments:
Wow, we have opposite problems. I have actually been seeing someone that is sending me what I so foolishly interpret as "go ahead" signals, but the fact that I (as a girl) have been led on by so many guys, I am reluctant to move forward. Shocking I know, but I understand completely the man's perspective of dating. It's always been that way and I understand the frustration that comes with being the simple one dealing with a complex moody being. So if you ever wanna rant...rant away!

CoffeeKate
 
Things are very different from what I remember...god, I sound old, but it's true. I'm sorry to hear you seem to be negatively affected by past experiences. Hopefully all things will work out the way the need to...that's all I hope.

I think I'll take you up on ranting..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?