Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

Holiday Break, Return, Decisions and Compound Swears

I took a break over the holidays, not for any important reason, but mainly due to laziness and lack of motivation. I did use the time to seriously contemplate my life and my direction, and I have come to (sort of) a decision.

As I've known all along, there is nothing keeping me in Eugene. It's, quite frankly, stupid to stay here, unless a really interesting, well paying job suddenly comes out of the woodworks and slaps me on the ass. Baring that, I'm outta here. Since I'm not actively looking for employment in Eugene, it's not likely to happen.

My destination is still unclear although I have narrowed it to a few prominent choices, with my usual built in flexibility and loop holes mingled in for good measure and bet hedging. In no order, here are my priorities:

1. Visit Portland to check out museums and the zoo as potential employers.
2. Send resumes to museums throughout Canada, preferably towards the east coast.
3. Send out resumes to available positions throughout the U.S. in cities that interest me, again preferably east.

The only Western city i'm really intersted in is Portland. Seattle might be alright, and Vancouver would be acceptable. I have no interest living in California again (spent 2 years in Sacramento), and although Hawaii would be absolutely amazing, my ex-inlaws live on the Big Island, and I'd probably get island fever. So, other than Portland or Vancouver, i'm likely to end up back in the east.

That's it. It's simple, basic, and allows me lost of flexibility and options. Perfect!! I've decided to go with the Career/Job as priority, with broad parameters about acceptable cities/places I will move to. My preference is to move to a big city, but for the right job I will consider a smaller 'town' as well, but my bet is that I will end up in a metropolitan type environment. Go me!

Now, on to 'Swears'.

Through my recent trollings on Craigslist, I've developed a facination with compound swear words. For example, is there any better swear word available for today's busy denigrator than 'Assclown'? How can you be upset when you're called something like that? And yet the sayee of the word has the satisfaction of totally slagging on somebody. It's win/win.

Another good compound swear that I've come to admire, although it's slightly more harsh to deliver it, is 'Fucktard'. Seriously, who comes up with these things? A big salute to the creators of compound swears!!

Comments:
congrats on making a sort of decision on your life!!! whatever happens will happen for a reason... so goodluck!!?!

as for the swear words...i have not come across this, but if I ever do I will be relentless with the person who says it. I also recently made a "love" connection on the ever shady craigslist, so i am not too quick to bash it. woo hoo for me too, huh?
 
I agree with your philosophy, Kate, that whatever happens, there is a reason for it. This is a good first step for me though :), I feel like I'm just rising from a comma, so small steps are good.

I'm not ready to use Craigslist for love connections yet, although I am deifnatly feeling much more desire to connect with women and date. I've definately become even more sensitive to all the women around me. It's kinda nice being single again...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?