Friday, January 27, 2006

 
After another stint of sedentarianism during January, unlike my 'forced' betrayal of action in December, this month has been terribly unproductive. I've been trying to analyze why, and what to do about it. The solution is easy, right, something like 'just do it.' For some people like me, though, it's not so easy. If you understand the term, 'living in your mind' then you know what I mean. My mind is full of pseudo-action and ideas and plans, but I'm missing some kind of translation link that should run from my mind to my body-action. OK, I guess I'm not missing it, but it definately shorts out on a regular basis.

Don't get my wrong, I'm not lazy as I'm always doing something - working, reading, writing, walking, thinking, planning, bothering sleeping cats, etc. I just don't accomplish the things that I feel that I should be accomplishing in order to move my life forward. These important items are pushed out of the way for things that may in the long run prove to be beneficial, but arn't pressing needs. I fear my subconscious is underminning me, although I don't know why. Stupid subconscious!!

What I really need is a robot overlord standing behind me with a cattle prod so that when I stray I am reminded in no uncertain terms that I need to get back on track. I think that would work.

I'm also considering more drastic action. I'm thinking about just up and quiting my job. How motivating would that be? My main goal in life is to find a new, productive, well paying job to move into and use to start my life over again. Quitting my current job, I hope, would provide me with motivation, or at least when all the bills started rolling in and my bank account starting to fade quicker than the Leafs during playoff time, I certainly hope that I would become desperate. I figure with my current savings, moving into a less expensive apartment, and living as ascetically as possible I could live - no, exist - for a number of years. Knowing the way I think I'd probably actually end up excited by the challenge and happy to try it, so quitting my job may not be the impetus that I truely need.

Stupid Blogs

One thing I should do is spend less time on the internet. With my slow, dial up connection it takes me a long time to accomplish simple things. I have several blogs I like to frequent, email to read, hobbies to pursue, and then throw in random info searches (so that's how eggnog is made, interesting), the hours roll by and I'm left with another wasted evening. At the same time I enjoy the connection, and really don't want to give it up, yet.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?