Monday, December 12, 2005

 

Ontario

Reasons to move to Ontario:

1. It's home.
2. To be closer to family and, perhaps, some old friends.
3. I miss it.
4. Hockey is god.
5. I love snow and bitter cold - that is when it first arrives.
6. Good outdoor activity options, as long as you dont' live in Toronto.
7. Close to my Grandparents - to be there if/when they need help.
8. Peterborough - where I went to Uni - is a cool town.
9. I'm a proud Canadian - with a red maple leaf tatoo'd on my shoulder.
10. Toronto has amazing museums - I'm biased, but I haven't been to any elsewhere that I like better.
11. Toronto is a world class city. (just dont' ask any Canadians outside of Toronto to acknowledge that).
12. People have retained the concept of polite behaviour (in a general population sense.)



Reasons not to move to Ontario:

1. Toronto is too bloody expensive - how the hell would I survive?
2. Close to my grandparents - I consciously, purposely moved from the area to establish my independance. Have I done enough? In some ways I still feel like a kid.
3. Heating bills are attrocious.
4. If I live in Toronto I'll never be able to afford a house - unless I turn to crime.
5. If I move back I fear that I will feel that my adventuring days are over. It would feel like the final statement. I'm not positive about this, but it's what I fear.
6. Taxes are a bitch.
7. It would cost apx $70 Canadian to fill up my Jeep.
8. Months of snow and cold. Huge snow storms in April get a little tiresome.
9. No oceans or Mountains within easy commute - although there is a pretty big lake nearby.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?