Monday, November 28, 2005

 

How To Start Your Life Over...In 1000 Words or Less

Actually, I'm not going to count my words. I could care less.

As an aside, I'm very impressed with myself, slightly proud, and feeling a little cockey - I actually came back to make another post. I am of the type of personality who enjoys beginnings, but gets a little stuck somewhere in the middle part. So, it is still early, but I need all the support from myself I can get. You Go Colin!!

I've realized a few things. First, I really miss Ontario. I grew up in Toronto...well, all right it was actually Scarborough, better known as 'Scarberia'; and that moniker pretty much sums up life in Eastern Toronto. I'm likely to move back there sooner than later. Or if not Ontario, then probably somewhere else in Canada. The urge has been getting stronger lately, and I've been contemplating this option more frequently.

This is also where my Grandparents live, I was raised by them, and they are getting quite old and I'm sure would appreciate my presence and assistence when needed. Even though I have many issues with them (i'll probably get into it later, don't worry), I still feel responsibility and a desire to help them as I may.

Now, with this knowledge in hand, most people would wonder, 'why not move back now? You have absolutely no ties to Oregon, no friends, a crappy job etc, etc...' Good question, and it was my first gut reaction when my ex announed she wanted a divorce. Move Back!! A few days later I decided not to for what I think is a very good reason.

Moving back 'home' is something that I would do, at this point, for the wrong reasons. I would move back home due to defeat, and running away from my current situation, rather than moving back in 'triumph' just because I wanted to. My life pattern has been 'running away' rather than 'choosing my destination' and it's time to break myself of the habit.

I had also considered applying for Museum jobs that interest me, where ever they may be. Well, I would be somewhat choosy about where the job is, but I would keep an open mind and a wide field of options. I decided against this option as well. Again, I fell that it would be a form of running away from my current situation. I'm not sure sure about that with this option, but I'm still not convinced that it wouldnt' be running, so, untill I decide otherwise, I'm not going to pursue this option either.

I'm working on a project that may allieviate some of my stress with remaining in Oregon. It was actually my therapists idea - he was OUR marriage counsellor first, but then I stuck with him after She and I decided to break up - and something he said that he actually did in his youth with some interesting results.

I wrote an Employment Wanted ad that I will put in the paper one Sunday. Here's what I have so far:


Looking for work in the difficult Eugene job market. My many skills include writing, program management, basic computer skills, presentation skills, animal care and handling, experience as an educator and educational program designer. Ability to work independently and in groups. I am looking for a job that will both challenge me and fulfill my need

Ok, I know that it needs some editing and I haven't actually finished it yet. It's difficult though, as they charge by the letter (I think) for these things, and I have a lot to say. so I just decided to write it out a little more normally and then edit it down significantly later...like in a day or two once I feel I've procrastinated enough. No matter what, though, it's a relatively inexpensive way to 'get me out there'. If no one answers, well I'm out a few bucks that I can't afford. If some people answer, but no job ensues, well then I have an interesting experience to relate. Or, hopefully, someone will answer with an interesting option, perhaps somethign that might be life changing. That woudl be very exciting!

I'll keep you posted, he says to himself since this is, after all, Zero Readership!! ...and proud of it...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?